Thursday, December 19, 2013

Adventures in Glass

I've enjoyed taking pics of the holiday decorations #throughglass, and the enhancements through Google+
The last few weeks have brought about many interesting Glass-related adventures and developments. I'll recap as many as I can remember here.

I traveled with Glass, first to Las Vegas and the Business imaging Expo, and then in the same week, to Miami and an Analyst Day hosted by Nuance Communications. On both stops, I enjoyed showing my Glass to friends and colleagues, providing many people with a chance for a little up-close-and-personal experience. 

I also am in the waiting stage for the mailer that will allow me to get my new Glass hardware from Google (should be here any day per the emails), and in addition to trying the "new and improved" version and its "winking" capability (more on this to come), I'll be glad to be rid of my current unit and its janky charge/battery situation, which I have been working around since the beginning (mid-August).

On the software front, I've just downloaded the XE12 version of the Glass OS, and also, only today, grabbed the iOS Glassware app. I should also add my proficiency with the Android version has increased significantly. 

So lots to report with more pending, but I would be amiss to not include a scary "misadventure". My Glass unit, snugly packed in its carrying pouch, was temporarily abandoned in the seat back pocket of one of the many airplanes I have been aboard recently. Fortunately, I realized it was missing from my gadget-laden backpack after a few minutes, and a quick stroll back to the gate, along with trusty help from a UAL agent, helped me get it back. Whew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment