Friday, August 16, 2013

First Full Day with Glass? A bit frustrating...

My first full day (Thursday) with Glass came back in Boise, with its alarming smoky conditions, the result of nearby wild fires. The Air Quality conditions hit the "purple" Very Unhealthy level (according to airnow.gov) at times - though now (Friday morning) we are all the way down to the Yellow, moderate category. (The photo above was taken with my iPhone.)

On the frustrating sign, after getting my Glass's power recharged and providing my very supportive wife with a brief morning demo, my challenge became connectivity. My iPhone bluetooth connection didn't seem to want to work, and after I downloaded the Android app for my Nexus 7, it also wouldn't connect via bluetooth, convincing me it's something that's turned itself off in the Glass, which I need to work on. My WiFi-connect efforts were similarly frustrating, using the "Myglass" website and its QR-code based methods. Both of my working-for-everything-else, password-protected Wifi networks were not accessible by Glass after repeated attempts, though the efforts seemed to drain its battery dramatically - from 100% to about 75% in about 45 minutes of failed connection efforts, and nothing else.

On the positive side, in addition to the Nexus 7 app located and installed, I did get connected with the "Explorers" website, and found some troubleshooting information in addition to exploring the site, where I plan to post a Glass-captured Idaho in its "State by State" thread. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment