Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm in - now an official #GlassExplorer

As of about 1pm Pacific Daily Time, I have in my possession a paid-for, legally-registered Google Glass unit that I've anticipated getting for months now. I received some excellent training and TLC from the staff at the Google-San Francisco offices, and definitely will enjoy getting to know this exciting new technology.

I am no stranger to many of the mobile devices released over the last number of years, so was eager to get onto Glass too. So when the Explorer program was announced in February, I "applied" via tweet, with the cryptic, "#IFIHADGLASS Will blog/tweet experience from boomer perspective." And at the end of March, much to my pleasure, I heard I was "in", and then have been waiting pretty much since then to get scheduled in and pick up my glass, which happened just a couple of hours ago.

So here I am - blogging and tweeting from a boomer perspective. And so far, as cool as I think Glass is and as excited as I am to make it work its magic (and yes, EXPLORE), I just can't quite get up the nerve to wear it in public, at least so far (streets of San Francisco, BART, SFO airport and United Club). I will work on this - maybe in the confines of my own home, then working outward to the downtown office, the gym, the coffee shop...we shall see! And only as seen on Instagram (and definitely not Facebook or Twitter, let alone LinkedIn!) - my own "selfie" taken in a quite corner of the aforementioned United Club.

After all, I promised to blog and tweet, so it's a start!






No comments:

Post a Comment