Sunday, August 18, 2013

Progress, and some quirks

Here's the image (recreated) that appeared on my Glass, when I tried to ask it to provide me some information about how to "share" images.

But that was one of the more humorous outcomes over the last few days, and compared to my last post here ("First Full Day with Glass? A bit frustrating"), I have come a long way in getting closer to understanding Glass and getting some good results.

I have it completely working with my iPhone for its data connection (via Bluetooth and tethering), was getting some good still photos as early as Friday, including adding a "#throughglass" tweet of one of my favorite photo subjects, and today did a bike ride with Glass and managed to capture a number of 10-second videos.

Got so far as posting to the Glass Explorers Forum "50 States Through Glass" - after "sharing" through Evernote, back down to the PC, and posting on YouTube, which allowed me to have a URL to embed into the Explorers Forum post.

Next? Give it a rest for awhile (after all it's a Sunday), and then continue to master the interface, sharing, and the like. Curious about why one Windows PC recognizes it, and another does it, when using Micro-USB connection for charging. Also, haven't got the Android App to hook up yet. Hmmm, and I know there are other things I'm not thinking of...

And that's without even considering "Google Glass Printing"!




No comments:

Post a Comment